What is Male Hormone Replacement Therapy all About?
- As the male body ages it begins to decrease production of the primary male hormone. The symptoms of hormone deficiency are often attributed to aging and therefore not considered by many to be a treatable condition. Hormone deficiency is treatable with bio-identical hormones (structurally identical to what the body already produces). Once the condition of depletion is treated most if of the negative side effects can be managed.
- Hormone replacement can be highly effective for men who have the signs of andropause “male menopause” which begins as early as 30 in some. Every patients starting hormone levels and symptoms are unique, as well as, their response to treatment. As a result our medical staff works closely with patients to provide unique treatment plans and make appropriate adjustments to optimize the patients blood chemistry.
What are the Medical Benefits of Male Hormone Therapy?
|Male Sex Organs||Growth, development, maintenance of secondary sex characteristics, sperm production, erections and prostatic function
|Behavior||Improved libido, mood, memory and energy
|Bone||Linear growth, closure of the epiophyses, increases bone mineral density
|Fat tissue ||Body and abdominal fat reduction
|Muscle||Anabolic, increases muscle mass and strength
|Liver||Stimulates production of serum protiens
|Kidney||Stimulates erythropoietin production which increases blood counts
|Heart||Dilates blood vessels in the heart
|Blood||Suppression of clotting factors (II,V,VII), low HDL-cholestrol
|Bone||Stimulates stem cell production
|Hair||Influences body hair growth, especially facial hair
What are the Symptoms of Hormone Deficiency During Andropause or “Male Menopause”?
- Low energy / chronic fatigue
- Loss of optimism, low-grade apathy and lack of drive
- Increased forgetfulness
- Irritability: depressed mood
- Diminished desire
- Male performance issues
- Increase in body fat, especially visceral belly fat
- Decrease in lean muscle mass and strength
- Loss of bone density (osteoporosis)
- Joint pain and backache
- Mental fatigue and inability to maintain focus
What Are the Benefits of Bio-identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for Men?
- Elevated mood and sense of well being
- Restore and enhance desire as well as ability to perform
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Reduces inflammation; Decrease joint stiffness and join pain
- Rejuvenate the immune system
- Reduce body fat; especially visceral (belly) fat
- Restore vitality and zest for life, elevate mood
- Increase energy as well as mental and physical stamina
- Reduce insulin resistance
- Restore memory and improve concentration
- Reverse metabolic syndrome
- Protect against heart disease (decrease in total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides)
- Increase bone density (increase calcium retention)
NIA Research on Male Hormone Treatments
The NIA conducted a study on male hormones in the body where the levels of 108 male patients were raised from 370 to 640 ng/dl for 36 months. Each man, on average, lost six pounds of fat and actually increased five pounds of lean muscle over that period. Additionally, there was improvement in bone density. This study demonstrated that a man’s body composition could improve, even if the starting male hormones level (at 370 ng/dl) was above the low-normal range for males.
For Questions on what to expect on your fist and second visit, Pricing, Insurance, HSA – Please visit our FAQ Section.
Take the Male Hormone Deficiency Assessment